BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION OF THE APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, WITH CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF AS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE.
1863 - Original 23 charter members of St. Matthew sign constitution of the congregation.
1864 - Church and parsonage built (at a cost of $2800). School is held in parsonage and taught by Pastors.
1879 - School room is added to rear of church ($95). 19 students attend first year.
1889 - 4 acres added to church property. One room school is built to accommodate 100 students.
1893 - First teacher is called to teach 53 students.
1923 - English language services introduced. Prior to then they were all in German. Original church burns down.
Congregation vows to stay together and worships in the school until the new chapel (our current one) could be completed.
Services held in school auditorium for 7 years.
Construction is delayed due to lack of materials during WWII.
1949 - Current chapel completed.
1953 - School expands to 3 classrooms. Kindergarten added.
School up to 182 students and 5 teachers.
Addition added to church.
Periodic German services discontinued.
1960 - Current parsonage built.
1963 - Cornerstone is laid for current school on our 100th anniversary.
1964 - Current school dedicated. (cost $250,000) 165 students and 6 teachers.
1989 - School receives National Lutheran School Accreditation, which it continues to maintain.
1990 - Groundbreaking for existing sanctuary.
1992 - Sanctuary completed.
1993 - Preschool started.
2013 - 150th Anniversary Celebration of St. Matthew Lutheran Church and School